Sunday, 2 December 2012

Sending you my love

Darling Former Lover

I write to send you my love

I cannot keep my love for you any longer
The love I carry for you is burdensome and it lays heavy on my heart
It erodes my soul and like a pregnant dam floods my eyes with tears

You may not be worth my forgiveness
But your resident love wipes your slate clean
It keeps the peace between you and I when my temper flares
My love for you understands when I refuse to see in your light
It imposes reason on me, armed with promises of a better tomorrow in love

The love I have for you calls softly on my heart and forms an ally against me
Whispers gently to my soul as they lay together adrift a cloud of mutual understanding
My love still smiles at the mention of your name
I would rather not hear you name at all
It still sees the best in you
When all I wish to see is a path leading away from you

I do not understand why my love behaves this way
I cannot fully understand the emotions I go through
What I do understand is that my love for you is a traitor
It longs to see your face, hear your voice and kiss your lips
It has vivid memories of your compassion and warmth
Love argues that it will not let you go
My love is Missing You in spite of me wishing you away

Please find enclosed my love for you
I do not have any use for it
I long for freedom, my heart and soul yearn for peace
Freedom that I shall feel sans the burden of my love for you
Please accept my love and set me free

Love lost:
Candy Morrow


 This poem was written for @dVersePoets with Stuart McPherson hosting the bar.. Meeting the bar..





13 comments:

  1. Please find enclosed my love for you
    I do not have any use for it...oh my...heavy emotions in this...stroke a chord...there was someone once you know...but yeah...sometimes best to let go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please find enclosed my love for you
    I do not have any use for it
    I long for freedom, my heart and soul yearn for peace
    Freedom that I shall feel sans the burden of my love for you
    Please accept my love and set me free...candy i love that bit, the whole thing is great but...and i only wish it was as easy as putting in an envelope and sending it back....ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very expressive and open.
    A nice attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The long distance, the magical of meeting, can easaly be swept away in an split sec. It do make me cry and i question myself why. Why are we given this gift and then to realize the gift is slowly split into pieces.. Love you.. Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only it was as easy.. *sigh* Oh love.

    I thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smiling, I see now why you felt chastised by my poem -- as you damn well should!
    Naughty girL! ;-)

    Superbly captured complex feelings in this letter-poem. Nicely done. Sounds like a great guy -- well, until the bastard dropped you. (playfully smiling)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank u for ur comment.
    Regarding your view, Perhaps you wouldnt feel the same, if you end your day in bed, thinking about your mother, her cradling and then the inevitable death all at the same time.

    I tore away from myself and...my tears....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the concept of this letter ~ I wish love can easily wrapped and understood...alas it is a complicated thing ~

    Happy Sunday ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once love exists, we can never be rid of it can we? But, we sometimes have to do it especially if that love wasn't good food for our soul and nourishing it as good love should.
    Sad, but, deeply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great and real material.

    ReplyDelete
  11. extremely well explored...i love the form of the poem...a written letter....and how it is your love that misses the person not you.... which makes love a seperate entity, a seperate power...which it can be sometimes! something about the heart and the head...very cool poem

    ReplyDelete
  12. I write to send you my love

    I cannot keep my love for you any longer
    The love I carry for you is burdensome and it lays heavy on my heart
    It erodes my soul and like a pregnant dam floods my eyes with tears

    what an opening. Really a strong piece Candy. really, very good. Thanks

    ReplyDelete