Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Lay my soul to rest


Lay my soul to rest....

A Dandelion blowing seeds in the wind. Stock Photo - 9872333

Lying carelessly in a vaccumn 
The shattered pieces remind me of you 
Life drawing them nimbly together 
I refuse love's healing balm 
I need no remedy for this heart 
Lest it be swept clean of you 

When I lay down to rest 
Your smile lingers before me 
Darting wildly across the room 
My eyes dance in warm pools 
If only I could hold your gaze 
Then maybe, you'd come back to me 

I need to hold your hand 
Listen to pearls of wisdom 
Hammered on an anvil of life 
Spread carefully amongst your own 
To bless, arm and to protect 
Bearing answers to questions to come 

Your love needs no introduction 
Its flows through my veins 
Cleanses my heart 
Rests on my soul 
Its mirrored through my eyes 
A testimony with each glance 

Lay my soul to rest 
Rid me of the bedlam I nurture 
Soak me in brine 
Abate the blight of heartache 
Stemming from my abstruse feelings 
The abbess of an austere mind 

I lay your soul to rest 
With my heart wide open 
I lay you to rest 
Drift away and let me live 
Lay my soul to rest 
And Rest In Peace 

Love: 
Candy Morrow 

* A prose dedicated to the lingering souls of the loved one's we have lost and refuse to let go of* 
Image source: Google





16 comments:

  1. nice...that would fit next saturday's poetics prompt as well..smiles...sometimes it's so difficult to let go, esp. if we loved much or when we hated much.. good work on the emotions in this one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claudia, my heart bleeds every day..some days because I just long to feel their presence and tell them of the good day I had. But life is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the absess of an austere mind....nice...heavy heart in reading this....and your comment back to claudia as well...its hard to let them go for sure when you feel their absense every day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Brian, what you say is true. I am grateful for the blessing of having fond memories of them as opposed to feelings of hatred and contempt. Gratitude is in order.

    I've been out of action, but I'm glad to be back and can't wait to catch up on some reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough write on a tough subject that is always going to be tough to read. Theres some beautiful expressions in there.

    If only I could hold your gaze
    Then maybe, you'd come back to me

    I need to hold your hand
    Listen to pearls of wisdom
    Hammered on an anvil of life

    They really stand out and are powerful and full of emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful write - sometimes it is hard to let go of those we have loved. Memories are often painful - but we eventually let go and remember the love and happiness that will keep our memories warm for ever.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely write, it's so hard to let go of those we love...wonderful lines in this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Letting go...is the biggest hurdle in my life. I've been blogging about it constantly these days. Easier than write than do...as Brian mentioned there is so much heartache in this. Such absolutely beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Powerful testimony to the healing power of love that stays with us even after loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. we can't let them go, because ultimately all the materials we have in our life are nothing compared to the relationships

    for the thousandth time

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your comments.. Its a tough one indeed, but life and the living need to move on, wretched as life will seem, it will pass in time. And all that will be left are the fond memories which tickle rather than afflict.

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's a terrible torch to carry for so long..unrequited love...finally to actively 'bury' the body that stands for all the lost loves must be therapeutic..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so lucky that none of my close relatives died during my childhood, so I don't have those kind of memories. However, we moved house about every 18 months, so I got used to making new friends, then leaving them behind, over and over and over again. I'm pretty sure I haven't got that out of my system yet....

    Your poem speaks strongly of yearning for those who we would rather not have to let go....

    ReplyDelete
  14. the feelings we have become part of our fibre
    we are a map of our journey

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a lovely and heartfelt specially the 5th stanza ~ I think we will always carry their memories with us ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you all.. It is comforting to know that people can relate, poetry is therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete